Rock Climbing in Krabi
Railay's Limestone Cliffs are Rock Climbing Heaven0
Krabi’s limestone cliffs are heaven for rock-climbing enthusiasts, who come from all over the globe to take up the challenge of climbing them.
Over 650 routes have developed since the late 1980's when Krabi first witnessed the sight of people scaling its craggy mountains.
Routes follow limestone crags, steep, pocketed walls, overhangs and hanging stalactites. Some are accessed by boat while others are approached via a jungle walk or by abseiling above the sea.
Using the French grading system, routes range from beginner 5a's to classic multipitch 6a's, right up to the extremes of 8c. There's enough here to keep any climber busy for years.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Where to go
The headland between Tham Phra Nang (Phra Nang Cave Beach) and Railay East harbours some particularly popular spots, with good climbing for both beginners and more experienced climbers. Guided climbs and instruction are available around most of the resorts and bungalows in Ao Nang and Railay East Beach.
Climbing gear is readily available for hire, if you don't want to bring your own or don't have any. Ensure that your guides and equipment are from a reliable company, at King Climbers, one of the first climbing schools in Thailand, guides have a of minimum of five years climbing experience and are accredited by the ACGA.Rate This Place: ( votes)