Krabi's shoreline is dotted with caves, mangroves and beaches - all harbouring a wealth of marine, animal and plant life.
For a close and leisurely look, there is no better option than to spend a day or few hours in a sea kayak (or sea canoe) which can be hired in most tourist locations in the area, along with experienced guides if needed.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
Kayaking in Krabi's Hongs
One of the highlights are the hongs - which is Thai for 'room'. Carved out of limestone cliffs over many thousands of years, access to the caverns or hongs is a breeze at low tide in these low lying craft. Sometimes the hongs open into lagoons which provide spectacular views.
The best way to see the hongs is to go on a sea kayaking tour. As the tour operators know all the locations and tide information, you should be able to see several in one day. You'll be paddled by your guide and the tours usually include lunch and soft drinks.