Railay West is the main beach in Railay. As the main ‘port of arrival’ on the peninsula, it offers perfect soft sand on a 600-metre-long, rather wide, beach, and a tiny community of friendly locals and expats who run small stores (convenience, beachwear, handicraft), bars and restaurants on Railay Walking Street.
The Walking Street leads to a pathway that goes straight across the peninsula and links Railay West with Railay East skirting past dozens of small bungalows dotted around the area. You can also walk along the beach at Railay East and along the base of the cliffs to Phra Nang Beach (About 15 minutes). Four hotels are also settled directly on Railay West beachfront: Railay Village Resort & Spa, Railay Bay Resort and Spa, Sand Sea Resort, and Rayavadee Resort.
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Rainforest Discovery Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- Excursion to Hong Islands via Speedboat
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
- Shared Shuttle: Krabi Airport (KBV)
Both Railay West and Phra Nang have surrounding cliffs that twist into fantastic shapes, weathered by the wind and rain over time. Trees and shrubs cling precariously to the rock face, as do rock climbers who come here for sun, sand and the challenge of an overhang or a vertical wall. Most people, however, just come to relax and enjoy.
At sunset, the beach is a hive of activity with boats arriving and departing, impromptu games of football and takraw (sort of volleyball played with the feet) and people taking a stroll. The beach faces west, so its a great place to just sit and watch the stunning tropical sunset framed by limestone cliffs.
- How to get there: From Ao Nang, get a long-tail boat ticket (100 baht) at the booth located along the beach road (toward its southern end).