Koh Tup and Koh Mor in Krabi
Attractive Small Islands Off Ao Nang0
Koh Tap (also spelled Koh Tup, Koh Tub or Koh Thap) and Koh Mor are two tiny islands that belong to the Mu Koh Poda group. Located approximately nine kilometres from Ao Nang, it takes about 30 minutes to reach them by long-tail boat from the prime resort towns in Krabi Province. These two islets are linked by a sandbar which, at low tide, also enables you to walk to Koh Kai (Chicken Island), situated some 500m away.
The popularity of Koh Tap and Koh Mor is due to their specific shape, as both sides of the sand bar offer great snorkelling in crystal clear waters. This sandbar is called ‘talay waek’ in Thai, which means ‘divided sea’. A short hike to Koh Tap's summit offers a cool viewpoint to the other islands around.
The best way to get to these islands is to join the Krabi Four-Island tour by speedboat (or any similar excursion). Alternatively, if you just want to go there to spend the day, you could pack a lunch, and simply take a long-tail boat from Ao Nang, Railay, Klong Muang or Nopparat Thara. It will cost you about 300 baht per person to get there from Ao Nang. Note that you will have to wait for the boat to have at least eight passengers before setting off.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Koh Tup & Koh Mor
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- How to get there: Hire a long-tail boat in Ao Nang (at the booth toward the southern part of the beach) or Nopparat Thara (at the fishing pier toward the northern end of the beach) or join an island-hopping speedboat trip.