Koh Poda - Krabi
Island Getaway Off Ao Nang0
Koh Poda is one the most popular islands in Krabi archipelago. Located just six kilometres offshore from Ao Nang, it roughly takes 25 minutes to get there by long-tail boat. The price for a return ticket is about 300 baht per person; note that if you travel alone, you will have to wait for the long-tail boat to be full according to its capacity before you set off.
Mu Koh Poda or Poda Island group consists of four islands: Koh Poda, Koh Kai, Koh Tap and Koh Mor. Koh Poda is the largest of the group despite its area being no more than a kilometre in diameter. Covered with palm and pine trees and almost entirely encircled by a soft white sand beach, it is every inch the stunning tropical getaway. A coral reef lies about 20 metres from the beach with a variety of sea life. The irresistible combination of excellent snorkelling, scenery and soft sand make the island a popular choice with snorkelers and sea kayakers, but surprisingly, it's not that crowded.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Accommodation and infrastructure are rather limited on Koh Poda due to the fact it belongs to Haad Noppharat Thara-Mu Koh Phi Phi National Park. Apart from the National Park Rangers’ camp, there is only a beach restaurant/bar located near the arrival spot, and a small hotel – Poda Island Resort – so you could spend the night there if you’d like (although the hotel is quite pricey). Summing up, Koh Poda is definitely worth a visit. The best is to go before 10:00 so you will have until 15:00 to enjoy all that this small island has to offer.
- Remarks: Koh Poda can be visited all year round. (Not affected by the monsoon - May - October)
- How to get there: From Ao Nang, get a long-tail boat ticket at the booth located along the beach road (toward its southern end). You also could join a half or full island-hopping day trip by speedboat.
You May Also LikeRate This Place: ( votes)