Koh Pak Bia - Krabi
Island Getaway Off Ao Nang0
Koh Pak Bia (also spelled Phak Bia) is a small island that belong to the Koh Hong archipelago. Located right between Koh Yao Noi and Krabi coast, it is a popular destination for island-hoppers and day trippers in search of a quiet place to spend a relaxing time. Koh Pak Bia’s situation toward the southern side of Phang Nga Bay makes its surrounding waters more emerald than turquoise, yet snorkelling at short distance from its main beach allows visitors to see a great range of fish species.
The shape of Pak Bia Island is rather peculiar. It features a large circular dome covered with lush foliage, linked to a small rocky crop by a stripe of thick sand. The sand itself, again as a result of the island’s unique location, is not white and powdery as Koh Poda (located some 16km southeast), but is more like small yellowish gravel. Surrounded by other small islands, the scenery is fantastic and gives a real feeling of exclusivity and well-being in the the warm and natural environment of these tropical islands. A few local vendors have fresh drinks and snacks for sale on Koh Pak Bia.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Koh Pak Bia
- How to get there: Hire a long-tail boat in Ao Nang (at the booth toward the southern part of the beach) or Nopparat Thara (at the fishing pier toward the northern end of the beach) or join an island-hopping speedboat trip.
You May Also Like