Koh Ngai - The Island near Krabi
The Best Snorkeling Island in Mu Koh Lanta National Park0
Koh Ngai (aka Koh Hai), Krabi is great for Nature lovers, especially those who are also fans of sea, sun and sand holidays. The island has some great coral reefs along its coastline, making it perfect for snorkeling. Koh Ngai is under the supervision of Mu Koh Lanta National Park and has plenty of beaches, big and small that enjoy gorgeous views of tiny karst islands and some equally well-known nearby islands including Koh Libung and Koh Mook and Koh Lanta.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Highlight of Koh Ngai
Its main white sandy beach on the east side is about 2.2km long. The southernmost part of the island is known as the best snorkeling location on Koh Ngai; expect to see sea fans, a variety of tropical soft coral and colourful fish. On the same spot stands a large natural stone that looks amazingly like a sculpture of Guan Yin (the Goddess of Mercy). Local people, especially fishermen often pay their respects to ‘her’ by praying for a safe journey. A one-kilometre-long beach at Ao Kotong found on the southwest of the island is also not to be missed. It’s a great little escape for swimming, sunbathing and snorkeling. Not too far away from it, you will spot a national park ranger station and some resorts.
After spend a day on the beach if you still have some energy left, a walk up to the viewpoint to enjoy the wonderful seascape is not a bad idea at all. Also, if you like trekking, compact Ngai Island has it all, whether rainforest or hills, and a walk around can be a lot of fun and a memorable experience.
Did you know?
Koh Ngai has a handful of beach accommodation choices, old and new. Some of them feature a swimming pool and allow outside guests the use of it as long as they spend money in the hotel restaurant or bars.
The island is actually in Krabi Province but to go from Krabi can be quite a distance therefore many tourists prefer to depart from Trang, another lovely town that is not as well known as Phuket and Krabi.
Rate This Place: ( votes)
- Opening Hours: All year round.
Best time to go: November to April
- Location: Off the coast of southern Thailand’s Krabi Province. Koh Ngai is about 15km southeast of Koh Lanta and less than 10km northwest of Koh Mook.
- How to get there: From Trang Province: You can catch a speedboat from Pakmeng Pier to Koh Ngai. The trip will take about 20 minutes. If you travel by the usual ferry, it will take close to one hour to get there.
From Koh Lanta, Krabi: During the high season, there’s a ferry service between Koh Lanta to Koh Ngai on a daily basis. The ferry leaves from Baan Saladan Pier, at the north of Lanta Island at 08:00 and reaches Koh Ngai at 10:00. For the return trip, it leaves Koh Ngai at 14:00 and arrives at Lanta at 16:00.