If you are in search for quality vacation time on a sunny beach look no further than the idyllic island of Koh Kradan. Here you’ll get everything you’ve ever wanted, from emerald crystal-clear water, stunning scenery, and privacy.
The island is claimed by many visitors to have one of the most beautiful beaches in Thailand. This paradise can be yours for a few days or if you still want to be in touch with the outside world, a day trip to Koh Kradan comes in handy too.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Highlight of Koh Kradan
Koh Kradan has its fair share of rocky and sandy beaches. Its four main beaches are equally attractive: Koh Kradan Beach, on the east of the island and its shallow water coral and tropical fish make it a popular site for snorkeling along the two-km long beach. You can see Koh Libong and Koh Mook from here too. On the south side, there is an 800-metre-long beach known as Ao Niang. Up on the northern side of the island, you will find a smaller but also very beautiful sandy beach called Ao Pai.
Ao Chong Lom Beach found on the west coast is a must for vivid sunsets. Though it’s a bit of a walk up on the island’s hill, the great views of Koh Rok and the remarkably beautiful sunset vistas make it worth every step. You will soon understand why many people prefer to call it Sunset Beach.
Though there is neither a village nor roads on the island, it’s good to know that a national park ranger station does exist here as well as a few options when it comes to good old-fashioned accommodation on the beach such as a handful of dorm rooms, bungalows and tents. You’ll also find shared toilets, bathrooms and a small shop.
Koh Kradan covers a total space of 600 rai (or 240 acres). Most of the island belongs to Haad Chao Mai National Park while some parts belong to private sectors, which explains the rubber and coconut plantations instead of natural forest. If you have money to spend, there are also better choices of places to stay around the private land – from basic beach huts to four-star resorts including the Seven Seas Resort and Kradan Beach Resort.
Did you know?
Trang Province has been using Koh Kradan as the site for their annual underwater wedding festival for almost two decades. It’s held every Valentine’s Day when many people come to witness this special way to tie the knot at this amazing island. You and your loved one too can be a part of this lovely and unforgettable ceremony. For more information, contact Trang Chamber of Commerce on Tel: +66 (0) 75-225 353 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opening Hours: All year round. Please keep in mind that in wet season, there are less transportation options to go to Koh Kradan.
Best time to go: November to May (sometime the rain comes early so it’s best to recheck before going.)
- Location: Off the coast of southern Thailand’s Trang Province, south of Koh Mook and Koh Ngai.
- Tel: TAT Krabi Tel: +66(0) 75-622163 or +66(0) 75-612811-2
- How to get there: a) It takes about 40 to 90 minutes from the mainland Trang to Koh Kradan depending on which pier you departing from, for example Kuantungu Pier, Pak Meng Pier or Chao Mai Pier.
b) You can also charter a boat or join a day-trip tour to Koh Kradan from Koh Lanta, Krabi.
c) In high season, you can go to Koh Kradan directly from Phuket using the TigerLine Hi-Speed Ferry.