Therapeutic and soothing, the Krabi Hot Springs are ‘hot tubs’ crafted into smooth rock channelling water from deep rooted thermal springs located in volcanic chambers. The waters average 35-40 degree Celsius and are brimming with natural mineral salts which are claimed to cure all manner of health complaints including rheumatism and sciatica. The sensation is utterly relaxing and the environment is certainly unique, imagine sitting in a bath tub hollowed out from nature’s stone and surrounded by rainforest. These jungle baths feed into a cool stream which is perfect for dipping and diving into.
Located about 70 kilometres from Krabi town, the hot springs are in the heart of a small jungle preserve and close to the Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve. Situated in the same reserve as the Emerald Pool and Thung Teao Forest Natural Park, it’s worth taking the time to combine all of these wonderful eco-spots in one nature filled day.
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Rainforest Discovery Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- Excursion to Hong Islands via Speedboat
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
- Shared Shuttle: Krabi Airport (KBV)
Krabi Hot Springs Highlights
Idyllically located under tropical rainforest canopies, the cascading waters of the hot springs offer a unique way of getting right back to nature and leaving the world behind with a rare treat of pure mineral salts in their natural environment. The Jacuzzi type baths are perfect for sharing and can be filled right to the top with warm running water supplied fresh from the thermal springs. The hot springs are unusual in that they cascade forming a waterfall that pours into a stream below.
When you’ve finished taking a hydrotherapy bath, there are plenty of places to soak up the surroundings including a trip to the crystal or emerald pool or by following a nature trek all located within the same park. The hot springs are easy to find located via a winding boardwalk, to get to the cool stream that the warm waters cascade into, follow the winding path down for a refreshing dip.
Krabi Hot Springs
- Opening Hours: from 07:00 - 18:00
- Remarks: You will need to bring a beach towel, sandals and of course swimwear.
- Price Range: Entrance is charged at 90 baht for the springs or you can pay 200 baht and also access the Khao Phra Bang Khram Nature Reserve and Crystal/Emerald Pool.
- How to get there: To get to Klong Thom Hot Springs you can choose to book a tour, or hire a taxi to take you there direct. Car rental is also an option with the drive taking around 40 minutes. Follow highway no 4 towards Amphur Klong Thom turning onto highway 4038; thereafter follow Sukhanphiban 2 road and the signs for 12 kilometres to the hot springs and the Emerald Pool.