Nopparat Thara Beach Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Nopparat Thara Beach
Nopparat Thara is not exactly Las Vegas by the sea when it comes to nightlife but if your idea of a good night out is a peaceful seafood meal or listening to a bit of live music or even a Muay Thai boxing bout then there just might be something for you here.
It’s certainly less confusing and closer to Nature than its down-the-coast neighbour. There are a growing number of bars and restaurants at the Ao Nang end of this beach with ongoing development along the length of it.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Hippies Bar is about the only mid-beach located venue with a regular night scene. Khun Bet and his trio make pretty good live music Wed, Fri, Sun, evenings from 10:00 – late. Hippies does pretty decent food, too and is big enough to soak in the crowds without feeling too cramped and lives up to its name with throw cushions, lounging spaces and a pool table as well as dreadlocked wannabe Rastafarian dudes.
- Opening Hours: High season 12:00 – late
- Location: Central Beach Road
Luna Beach Bar
Luna Beach Bar is a long-established nightlife entertainment venue at Nopparat Thara. Featuring a very large covered wooden terrace allowing dancers to 'shake their booties', Luna Beach is the only place in Nopparat Thara offering this type of late night fun. Its location allows early punters to enjoy a cocktail at sunset before dining at the right next door Luna Beach Restaurant, before coming back to 'party till they drop'. Featuring local and international DJs, fire shows, full/half/black moon parties, this is the place to go if you want to have fun at night in Nopparat Thara. Right next door sits Nopparat’s version of a girlie bar.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late
- Location: Southern (Ao Nang) end of the beach
Raja claims to have the biggest Muay Thai boxing rink in southern Thailand and even if they’re exaggerating it still is a fairly large location. Hosting fights Mondays and Fridays, the Friday session has a series of nine bouts of bone-cracking excitement. This is the real thing and with top-line purses of up to 60,000 baht the competitors are motivated to the maximum. Drinks are sold ringside and with the party kicking off at 21:00 it’s quite a late night affair by the time the main acts come on. The evening starts with junior bouts.
- Opening Hours: Mondays and Fridays 21:00 – late
- Location: The only road turning right on Nopparat Thara Beach (coming from Ao Nang). Follow the road 500 metres down and the boxing stadium is on the right