Krabi Town Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Krabi Town
Okay – so it’s not Patpong or Patong, still Krabi Town has its own particular personality and a couple of hot spots as well as a few mellow pubs and bars where guitars are passed around and the art of conversation practiced.
The area around Chaofa and riverside is home to lots of guesthouses doubling as bars/cafés and has a farang-tinted bohemian atmosphere while Room 69 along the main Maharat Road has an out-and-out Thai flavour to it.Read More
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Settled in a circular building made of wood, bamboo and thatch which is reminiscent of a Balinese hut, Amata Bar is the place to go if you want to listen to good live music in Krabi Town. Reggae, Blues, Jazz, Pop and Rock are played here by various visiting bands, mostly on weekends, with the house band playing during the week. Amata serves barbecue-grilled meat and fish, as well as all the usual suspects regarding spirits and beers.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 01:00
- Location: In the bar and restaurant complex opposite the crabs’ statue – Krabi Town symbol - on the riverside
You can see Chilling a mile off because of the outside Bon Café sign and its bright orange lighting arrangement. This is a friendly place in which Thais and westerners mix freely. Open from early until late, this new bar also serves breakfast and is slightly more upmarket than its neighbouring competitors.
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 02:00
- Location: Chaofa Road
Located on Chao Fah Alley, a few hundred metres from Chao Fah Pier on Krabi Riverside, Fu Bar is a cool joint that raises high the colours of the Reggae Flag. The venue is rather small, but features a small courtyard surrounded by vegetation, which offers a pleasant environment to enjoy a cold one with friends. Hosting a pool table, board games and a good collection of books in many languages, you can spend cool evenings here being gently rocked by the offbeat Reggae music, often played live by the local musicians who frequent the establishment.
- Opening Hours: 18:00 – 01:00
- Location: On Chao Fah Road, diagonally opposite Chilling Bar
Illumanorah Show is Krabi’s version of Phuket Fantasea Show. Played in a modern arena, located to the south of Krabi Town, this cultural show features traditional Thai dances and splendid costumes in a maelstrom of lights and sounds. Perfectly suited for all ages, Illumanorah Show gives a modern rendering of ancestral Thai culture. Different options – with or without dinner and transfer – are available. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – 22:00
- Location: On the Airport Road just south of Krabi Town
Old West Bar
Charlie, the owner, has been around for ages and knows the Krabi ropes by heart. Expect rock music, dimmed lights and plenty of western accessories. Old West also has a terrace on which to sup your beer and swap travelling tales.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – late
- Location: Utharakit Road diagonally opposite Choke Dee Restaurant