Krabi Town Nightlife
What to Do at Night in Krabi Town
Okay – so it’s not Patpong or Patong, still Krabi Town has its own particular personality and a couple of hot spots as well as a few mellow pubs and bars where guitars are passed around and the art of conversation practiced.
The area around Chaofa and riverside is home to lots of guesthouses doubling as bars/cafés and has a farang-tinted bohemian atmosphere while Room 69 along the main Maharat Road has an out-and-out Thai flavour to it.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
Another archetypal wooden bar used as a meeting place and watering hole by travellers passing through to nearby islands. Buffalo is also open during the day and has a view over the three-way intersection that is home to Viva Italian Restaurant. Basically a Reggae Bar that has morphed, expect the dreadlocked one to be somewhere close by…
- Opening Hours: 12:00-02:00
- Location: Pruksa Utit Road
You can see Chilling a mile off because of the outside Bon Café sign and its bright orange lighting arrangement. This is a friendly place in which Thais and westerners mix freely. Open from early until late, this new bar also serves breakfast and is slightly more upmarket than its neighbouring competitors.
- Opening Hours: 07:00 – 02:00
- Location: Chaofa Road
Old West Bar
Charlie, the owner, has been around for ages and knows the Krabi ropes by heart. Expect rock music, dimmed lights and plenty of western accessories. Old West also has a terrace on which to sup your beer and swap travelling tales.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – late
- Location: Utharakit Road diagonally opposite Choke Dee Restaurant
Room 69 and Room Garden
At first glance, these busy places seem not to have anything to do with each other but in fact they’re run by the same team. Both places feature DJs as well as live music and have earned the reputation of being pretty much the epicentre of young Thai nightlife in Krabi. A few adventurous farangs mix and mingle but generally speaking this is a hopping place with a definite Thai feel to it. You can order food at Room Garden.
- Opening Hours: 17:00 – late
- Location: Maharat Road heading out to the airport
The Rooftop Bar
The Rooftop Bar is located on the rooftop of KR Mansion Hotel on Chaofah Road. It is a unique venue to this day in Krabi Town as it offers an outstanding 360-degree view over Krabi Town and Krabi River from the hotel’s six-floor terrace. Under English management, the Rooftop Bar is certainly the best sundowner spot in downtown Krabi. They serve potent cocktails mixed with organic ingredients (their Mojito is a must-try). With excellent music, fire shows and art performances on occasions, The Rooftop Bar is indeed worth a visit. Thai food is also available.
- Opening Hours: 17:00-02:00
- Location: on the rooftop of KR Mansion Hotel on Chaofah Road