This list of 5 best tattoo shops in Krabi will come in handy for those who’d like to bring back a permanent souvenir from their holiday in this quaint province of southern Thailand. Tattoos have a long history in the kingdom, originally being a part of religious beliefs and performed by monks in temples. This is why the ‘sak Yant’ is so common – ‘Sak Yant’ means tattoo Yantra in English (Yantra is a geometric figure used as an aid to meditation). These figures are still believed to protect those who wear them inked under their skin.
Nowadays, tattoos are mostly inked with an electric machine, but many artists still use the traditional bamboo stick tattooing method. The main advantage of the latter technic is that it is less painful and heals faster – you can go swimming again two or three days after getting tattooed, whereas you have to wait for up to a week before taking a bath after getting inked with an electric tattoo machine.
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Rainforest Discovery Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- Excursion to Hong Islands via Speedboat
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Whitewater Rafting & 4-Wheel-Drive Adventure
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
- Shared Shuttle: Krabi Airport (KBV)
Family TattooAo Nang
Located in Ao Nang, just under Ose Pizzeria & Tapas on Road 4203 that leads to Krabi Town, Family Tattoo is a small shop run by a charming couple – Mr Choo and his wife. The quality of Mr Choo’s work is second to none, and he works with both electric tattoo machines and bamboo stick, according to your preference. From Yantra to tribal to Japanese and more, Family Tattoo can realise any motif. The friendly ambience of this tattoo studio is also a great part of its success.
- Opening Hours: 12:00 – 00:00
- Location: In Ao Nang, on the Road 4203. The tattoo shop is situated under the terrace of Ose Pizzeria & Tapas, some 300m from the beach
- Tel: +66 (0)88 768 4435
Mr. TattooAo Nang
Opened in 1998, Mr. Tattoo is one of the longest-established tattoo parlours in Ao Nang. At Mr. Tattoo’s shop, you can choose to be inked with traditional bamboo sticks or modern electric tattoo guns, depending on the design you’re looking for. Any motif can be inked at Mr. Tattoo, including cover ups and colour refreshment of old tattoos. With high hygiene standards (new needles for each customer and spotless work environment), Mr. Tattoo offers a pleasant place to get tattooed in Ao Nang.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: On Ao Nang Beach Road, right next to Ao Nang Cuisine restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)81 893 6557
Cool Point Tattoo ClubAo Nang
Located in Ao Nang Centre Point, the most popular night spot on Ao Nang Beach Road, Cool Point Tattoo Club is a modern tattoo studio that employs four talented tattooists, all of them working with electric tattoo guns. They can realise any tattoo style from tiny artistic lettering to full back Japanese tattoo, and they enjoy creating unique custom-made tattoos. New needles are used for each customer, the studio is extremely clean and the atmosphere at Cool Point Tattoo Club is friendly and professional.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - late
- Location: In Ao Nang Centre Point
- Tel: +66 (0)64 025 0964
Nut Tattoo StudioAo Nang
Long-established in Ao Nang (his first studio opened in 1997), Nut is an extremely talented tattooist, who really has a personal style blending warm colourings and fine lines. His long experience in tattooing allows him to ink any type of motif, but it is in a fusion of traditional Thai and Buddhist designs with a modern twist that he is at his best. Such artists really refresh the tattooing world with unique designs.
- Opening Hours: 13:00 – 23:00
- Location: On Ao Nang Beach Road, not far from Burger King
- Tel: (0)88 969 5669 and +66 (0)88 768 0448
Krabi Tattoo & Body PiercingAo Nang
Krabi Tattoo Studio & Body Piercing take their job seriously: the studio is tiny, but ultraclean. Located right next to Black Canyon Café in a small soi off Ao Nang Beach Road, the tattooists here work with electric tattoo guns or bamboo sticks, depending on the motif they have to ink and on your choice. As in most reliable tattoo parlours nowadays, new needles and sterilised equipment are used for every customer. If the idea of a permanent tattoo doesn’t suit you, they also do henna tattoos that last up to two weeks.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:30
- Location: Right next to Black Canyon Café in the small lane leading to Sea Star House, off Ao Nang Beach Road
- Tel: +66 (0)83 642 0857