This is definitely the most famous shop in the Old Town and probably one of the main reasons people hop on a motorbike to visit the location. They have been selling luxury hammocks here for many years and now have outlets in Koh Lipe, Koh Chang, Koh Samui and Koh Tao, but Koh Lanta is home to the original. All their hammocks are made by the Mlabri Tribe of North Thailand. Their hammocks come in a range of styles (sitting, parachute, two person, travel and woven) and a wide range of colours and materials. These hammocks are a style statement and are designed to last so expect to pay a little more than you would elsewhere.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 17:00
- Location: Centre of Old Town, within 20 metres of Mango House
- Tel: +66 (0)75 697 098
Jun & Ying Shops
These two shops are actually owned by the same family and sell a range of cloth bags, sarongs, Thai-style clothing and jewellery. Their jewellery comprises earrings, bracelets and necklaces made from Thai polished stones, shells and wood. All their products are made in Thailand, mostly in the north and represent good value, especially if you haggle!
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 21:00
- Location: Centre of the Old Town opposite Mango House
Despite the name, this shop sells not only handmade leather goods (belts, purses, bags and shoes) but also clothing and sarongs in a kind of hippy style. Most of the products are made in Lanta itself.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Location: Driving into the town from the north, Lanta Leather can be found on the right about 200 metres after Beautifull Restaurant
- Tel: +66 (0)85 886 1641