No we have not made a spelling mistake; this is how they spell it!
Pretty much the first restaurant in the Old Town, its pier extends out over mangroves and it has a simply stunning location with fantastic vistas over the many islands south of Lanta. Run by a lovely Muslim family, so no pork! Their Thai food is excellent value and delicious, especially their curries! The pier extends out very far and the owner does not mind walking the distance with your food and drinks so sit at the end if you can.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 22:00
- Location: If you take the first turning to the Old Town off the main west road, this is the second building on the left
- Tel: +66 (0)75 697 062
One of the largest restaurants in the Old Town with a beautiful wooden pier extending out towards the southern islands this restaurant is open for breakfast but ideal for lunch. ‘Fresh’ lives up to its name, as it serves fresh seafood in traditional Thai dishes or from the BBQ as well as having a good range of Western foods, including burgers. A little expensive, but a good quality restaurant.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 22:00
- Location: On the main road into the Old Town, on the sea side before Mango House
- Tel: +66 (0)75 697 041
Khao Yai Restaurant
Straddling the top of Koh Lanta’s mountain are two very popular restaurants with probably the best views over the east coast of the nearby islands and a very welcome gentle breeze most days. This restaurant, whilst probably not as well known as its neighbour, has, in our opinion, the warmest welcome and the best food. We would recommend a number of dishes, especially the seafood Thai dishes, and sharing them just as Thai people do. This restaurant is a little expensive as you are paying for the view, but it’s nevertheless a lovely location for lunch.
- Opening Hours: Daily 08:00 – 21:00
- Location: Follow the east coast road past Klong Nin and up the hill, to the centre of the island; it is the second restaurant at the top of the hill on the left
- Tel: +66 (0)75 697 244
A great little Thai restaurant, that does not look that special from the outside, but the staff, food and prices are all great. Their speciality is most definitely roast duck in either a red or green curry but they have a wide selection of Thai dishes available and some western dishes too.
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 21:00
- Location: Almost the last building on the seaside before the Old Town main pier