Nopparat Thara Beach Restaurants & Dining
Where and What to Eat in Nopparat Thara
Nopparat Thara Beach plays host to several restaurants but they are not concentrated in one specific area.
The northern end of Nopparat Thara right next to the Klong Haeng River and pier is lined with seafood restaurants. This is favourite hanging out place for locals as the water is shallow and there’s plenty of shade.
Dotted along the coast you will find a few decent eateries with the concentration becoming more pronounced at the Ao Nang end of the beach.
- Phi Phi Island Speedboat Excursion
- Rainforest Discovery & Elephant Ride Full-Day Tour
- Phi Phi Islands Excursion by Speedboat
- 4 Islands Day Trip
- Phi Phi Islands Tour with Express Boat
- Manorah Performance at Paka Showpark
- 3-Day Krabi Explorer Bike Tour from Phuket
- Ban Bor Thor Kayaking Full-Day Tour
- Sunset Cruise in Catamaran over Andaman Sea
- Ao Thalane Kayaking Adventure
With a good local reputation, a friendly British owner and staff members who enjoy a joke, A-One is highly recommendable. Serving mostly Thai and international dishes with a British touch, A-One has soft lighting, good background music – so take a date there.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 23:00
- Location: Next to Blue Bayou bungalows on Beach Road
- Cuisine: International, Thai
Even though you’ll see lots of restaurants here, they’re pretty much all the same and Kruathara (‘Thara Family’) seems to encapsulate what it’s all about. With live fish tanks, fresh seafood baskets, bright lights and welcoming staff members, it’s miles away from fine dining but delivers the goods – spanking fresh seafood – in an unpretentious manner.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
- Location: Klong Haeng, north end of the beach
- Cuisine: Seafood
There are three La Casas in the Ao Nang general area but this is the only genuine Italian one (the others being ‘Ithailian’ and ‘Indialian’). With a wood-fired pizza oven, ample seating and happy staff La Casa is worth a visit. Set back from the road, diners can enjoy the views of the surrounding limestone crags and peaks over lunch or early dinner.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 23:00
- Location: Southern end of Beach Road
- Cuisine: Italian
Luna Beach Restaurant
Luna Beach Restaurant is a culinary addition to the long-established next door Luna Beach Bar which has been (and still is) the main nightlife entertainment venue at Nopparat Thara. Located on and overlooking the beach in a similar setting as the close-by Wangsai Seafood Restaurant, Luna Beach is a large, covered terrace that allows guests to enjoy their meal or drink caressed by the Andaman Sea breeze. With over 50 cocktails available and all the usual suspects in matter of beer, spirit, fruit shake and juice, Luna Beach is a perfect place to enjoy sunsets.
The menu features a good choice of Thai, seafood and international favourites which come at very reasonable prices (cheese-burger at 110 baht, tom yum shrimps at 120 baht, tom kha with chicken at 95 baht). Unpretentious and laid-back, Luna Beach Restaurant has all the necessary ingredients to please anyone.
- Opening Hours: 08:00 – 23:00
- Location: south end of the beach toward of Ao Nang
- Tel: 081-0855686
This classy restaurant is part of the Sala Talay Resort and specialises in seafood and Thai dishes. Obviously, being part of a high-tone resort ups the level and with a Swiss chef, English-speaking staff, smooth professional service and a nightly live guitarist, the stage is set for a romantic evening out with good food.
- Opening Hours: 17:30 – 23:00
- Location: In Sala Talay Resort, central Nopparat Thara
- Tel: +66 (0) 75 810 888
- Cuisine: Seafood, International & Thai
Large, bustling and aimed squarely at tourists, Wangsai is beachside seafood dining. Hardly intimate, what it lacks in atmosphere it makes up in location and food. The eatery features an open kitchen, a large car park and ample seating.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 22:00
- Location: Southern end of Beach Road towards Ao Nang
- Tel: +66 (0) 75 638 128-9
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai